The Gold Service Scholarship Prizes
The Gold Service Scholarship exists to inspire, educate and nurture the UK’s finest front of house talent.
The Scholar’s Award
The winning scholar will be invited to join the Trustees at a luncheon at Coutts, The Strand, with a special menu created by Executive Chef Peter Fiori, to agree a planned programme of placement, support and mentoring.
The tailor-made Scholarship includes:
- An invitation to Champagne Laurent-Perrier
- A briefing and coaching on social media, report writing and photography organised by Piers Zangana – Susa Comms
- Intensive 2-week wine course: WSET Level 3 Novice to Professional
Plus a choice of three from the following:
- Three-day placement to work and experience a State Visit to Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle
- Five-day placement at The Waterside Inn, Bray with Frederic Poulette and Alain Roux
- Five-day placement at Le Gavroche, London with Emmanuel Landré MCA and Silvano Giraldin Mdl
- Three Berry Brothers and Rudd Wine Lectures with dinner at their cellars in St. James’s Street, London
- Intensive Professional Development Programme at The Edge Hotel School
- One week stage in a Mandarin Oriental hotel
- Five-day work placement at Launceston Place Restaurant
The Finalists’ Awards – Other prizes for the Gold Service Scholar and Finalists will include:
- One-day placement to work and experience a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace
- Three-day visit to Tokaji, Hungary
- A signed copy of the “The Masciaga Way” by Cav. Diego Masciaga MCA
- Membership of the Institute of Hospitality
- Masterclass with Lucy Chappell, Tea Specialist, The London School of Tea
- Reunion Lunch for all eight Finalists at The Vineyard at Stockcross
- A Stage at one of the following venues: Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester, Bibendum, Core by Clare Smyth, The Fat Duck, Le Gavroche, Gordon Ramsay at Hospital Road, The Ritz London.
The Semi-Finalists’ Award – The Gold Service Scholarship Semi-Finalists will be invited to:
- A bespoke Wine Skills Programme in partnership with WineEd and the Institute of Hospitality, sponsored by the Savoy Educational Trust.