How we keep your Personal Data Safe.
At The Gold Service Foundation, keeping your personal data safe is one of our top priorities.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 mean that you now have more control over the way in which we collect and use personal information about you.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about the personal data we collect, your rights and how we look after that personal data.
We collect personal data about:
- entrants into The Gold Service Scholarship competition;
- supporters, including guest judges, ambassadors, sponsors and members of the “Team Gold” alumni; and,
- our media partners, suppliers, and invited guests.
Where we collect personal data about you, it may include your:
- name and contact details;
- CV, education and work history;
- biographical notes which accompany entries in to the competition;
- information provided in confidence by the employers of entrants to the competition;
- scores and comments about performance in the competition.
We do not proactively collect special category personal data however such information may occasionally be provided or revealed about entrants as part of their competition entry information.
The personal data will be obtained from the following sources:
- letters, emails and correspondence we have with you, contact we have with you through social media and from contracts or agreements we enter into with you;
- entry forms plus CV’s and biographical notes which accompany entries to the competition;
- conversations with entrants’ employers from time to time (the fact that there will be a conversation with their employer will be made known to the entrant in advance but the conversation itself shall be in confidence); and,
- correspondence we have with you in relation to your participation as a guest judge, ambassador, sponsor, member of the alumni, media partner or supplier in, or your attendance as an invited guest to, our competition, award ceremonies and/or related events.
We rely on you to ensure the information you give us is accurate and up to date. As such, please let us know if any of your details changes from time to time.
We collect and hold personal data so that we can properly:
- organise and administer The Gold Service Scholarship competition;
- arrange and monitor programmes of training and professional development for successful entrants to the competition;
- liaise with guest judges, ambassadors, sponsors, media partners or suppliers in connection with the competition, award ceremonies and/or related events;
- invite individuals to annual award ceremonies, briefing events and receptions; and,
- maintain membership of the “Team Gold” alumni.
We do not keep personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. In the case of entrants into The Gold Service Scholarship, your personal data will be kept for the year of the competition following entry into it or, for those who progress to become members of our ‘Team Gold’ alumni, as long as you remain an alumni member. If you would like more information about how long we keep your personal data, please contact us on the contact details set out below.
If we hold, or you think we might hold, your personal data, you can ask, at any time, to see what information we hold about you, to restrict its use, and to update or correct the information. If you have consented to receive any of our communications or publications, you can unsubscribe at any time.
We will share the details of entrants to the competition with the following third parties:
- guest judges;
- the Gold Service Foundation’s trustees, secretariat, administrators and service providers who help to run the Gold Service Foundation and the competition;
- those businesses or organisations offering placements, training programmes and mentoring opportunities to successful entrants; and
- entrants’ employers where the entrant is made known of such contact in advance (and has agreed to such).
We require all such third parties to keep your personal data secure. We will not share your personal data with any other third parties without your consent. If you would like more information on the third parties listed above with whom we work with to run the Gold Service Foundation and the competition, please check our website or get in touch with us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, our Data Protection Policy, or need further information about how we use your personal data, please contact Katie Peckham-Cooper, our Administration Manager, at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time and the most up-to-date version will be available here on our website: https://thegoldservicescholarship.co.uk. This privacy notice was last updated on 31st August 2018.